When asking students to login to google, students often struggle typing their emails due to their length. By creating a keyboard text replacement shortcut through settings, students emails will auto-populate as a text replacement.
- Open Settings on the student iPad.
- Select general.
- Select Keyboard.
- Select Text Replacement.
- Add a new text replacement by clicking the plus sign in the upper right hand corner.
- Under “phrase” type in the students email. Under “shortcut”, type in the first three letters of the students email. Then select save.
- When logging into Google, if a student types the first three letters of their email, their email will auto-populate. You can select it by pressing the space button.
- When typing their email in another location, student email will come up as a text replacement option in the keyboard. You can select the email by tapping on the text replacement in the keyboard.