An iPads battery can run out for a number of reasons. Before putting in a help desk ticket try a few of the following solutions to see if they help first.
- Do a hard reset of the iPad. There could be a glitch in the system that has the battery appearing to be dead when it it not.
- How to Hard Reset: hold down the power button and the home button at the same time. Keep holding them down until the screen goes black and then a white apple appears. Once you see the ipad reboot and the white apple appear you can let go of the two buttons).
- Double tap the home button. This will show all of the windows and apps that the iPad currently has open. Swipe up on each open window to close it. These open windows can drain the battery on an iPad.
- Dim the display by swiping in from the upper right hand corner into the center of the screen to access the control center. From here dim the display. The dimer the display the longer the battery will last.
- Last but not least check what is eating up all your battery energy. Go to settings, battery, then scroll down to see what apps have been using up the majority of the ipad battery.