Everyone in Elkhart has a YouTube account/channel linked to their Elkhart Gmail. This page has an overview of controls and icons you'll use while you're managing your channel.
|Search by voice|
|Other Google apps|
|Account and other settings|
Bubble across top - topics you may have searched/visited before
Videos - general videos shown based on previous viewing history/breaking news
Home - videos shown based on previous viewing history/breaking news
Trending - videos most viewed/popular on YouTube
Subscriptions - channels you’ve subscribed to
Library (these categories are also listed under library) Shows:
- Watch later (saved videos)
- Liked Videos
Channels you've subscribed to for updates and notifications about new uploads. Click the red Subscribe button under a video to add channels to this section.
Save channels you refer to frequently for quick access.
Controls while watching
You can like, dislike, share, save it to a playlist, report it (three bullets), or subscribe
- Share is important if you want to embed videos into Canvas with the new editor
You can also see what people have commented, make comments, see list of related videos.
Settings: speed, quality, annotations
Screen size, playback, audio
You can approve videos for student viewing if you're signed into your ECS Google account.
From your computer
From your iPad
- Private - no one is able to see or search for the video
- Unlisted - Anyone with the link can watch
- Public - Searchable and watchable by anyone on the Internet
Manage your Channel
Individually look at video, info, edit, analytics, comments, view on YT, options
Edit, promote, download, get link, delete
- Sometimes it takes a while to process any changes to the video. Please be aware that if you are going to make changes, they might not be quick
- Elkhart Instructional Technology has a YouTube Tech channel: https://www.youtube.com/elkhartinstructionaltech